We often hear that a balanced diet helps in maintaining a healthy body which replenishes our hair, skin and nails to a much healthier state. But what if you aren’t really aware of the miraculous foods that are out there that work brilliantly for your hair. Here’s to update you with natures natural produce that you might never have known that work like a charm in fortifying your hair.
Listed below are 8 superfoods for hair growth!
1. Strawberries: The anti-oxidant properties found in strawberries help hair regain their lost moisture and protect cell membranes. High in Vitamin C nourishes the hair and helps in getting rid of excess oil build up on the scalp, it also contains magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids and copper that makes it very beneficial for healthy hair. Ellagic acid found in strawberries help tremendously in protecting your hair from delaying androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss and Female pattern hair loss), hair falling. This beautiful berry is high in Vitamin B6 and B6 which works like a miracle to prevent hair loss, the phytochemicals in it works as an anti-fungal treating dandruff.
2. Avocados: Contains high levels of fatty acids that also naturally occur in your skin cells, applying avocado on your hair and scalp stimulates production of elastin (a protein consisting od elastic tissue found in the dermis or the skin) and Collagen (main structural protein found in skin and tissues) which are the two important components imperative for hair growth.
3. Bitter Gourd: A.K.A Karela a fruit, is a high source of iron, magnesium, potassium, Vitamin C and more levels of Calcium and Beta Carotene than most fruits and vegetables. The Anti-oxidants are so powerful that they naturally prevent skin from aging, wrinkles, acne, eczema and psoriasis. Embodied with Vitamins A and C, Biotin and Zinc it ensures a healthy growth for your hair while it combats issues such as rough hair, split ends and dandruff.
4. Sweet Potato: Abundantly blessed with Beta-carotene and micronutrients like, Vitamins B5, B6 and manganese. Beta carotene turns into Vitamin A once in the body and is essential for cell growth, especially your hair, a deficiency of this vitamin does cause dandruff, dry, dull hair and skin. Also, being an antioxidant also laden with Vitamin C, iron and phosphorus sweet potatoes work remarkably in boosting the immune system.
5. Amla: Packed in Vitamins C, Iron and Anti-oxidants, Amla is natures gift to us for hair and had been used for centuries. It not only promotes hair growth, but envelopes the hair with a lustrous black shine, works brilliantly for treating excessive hair loss, greying and thinning.
6. Yellow Bell Pepper: Containing a whopping 341 mg of Vitamin C as compared to other fruits which only have 63mg of Vitamin C, Yellow Bell Peppers have a super positive effect on strengthening your hair shaft and cleaning hair follicles and due to its rich source of Vitamins C it helps preventing hair breakage.
7. Curry leaves: This unassuming leaf is bountifully blessed with Vitamins C, A, B and E. Also having high levels of carbohydrates, fibre, calcium, phosphorus and Iron which makes this humble herb fight infections and invigorates your hair and skins vitality. Known to treat, damaged hair, hair fall, thinning, premature grey, repairs damaged roots, strengthen hair shafts and rejuvenates hair follicles it also has a high source of iron and folic acid which combats anaemia and works wonders for treating acne and even weight loss. This is an excellent antidote for hair loss due to its high levels of keratin which is considered an ideal elixir for hair growth.
8. Flax Seeds: Extremely rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin E which are the key ingredient for nourishing the follicles and hair shafts. Using Flax seed gel, oil or even eating raw flax seeds, prevents acute hair loss, scalp eczema and dandruff effectively. Other nuts rich in Omega-3 are walnuts that are also high in Vitamin B and manganese.
The superfoods listed here are effective when used appropriately. For fruits eat them raw and try to find the freshest produce, for vegetables remember never to overcook them as this ensures all the vitamins and minerals remain intact. For seeds and nuts, if suggested to be eaten avoid roasting them, for application to the hair one must never dilute them too much or it would lose its strength.
If you can think of other superfoods for hair growth then do let us know in the comment section below.
Happy Healing Ya’ll!!!