Wedding season is here! Are you following your pre wedding skincare at home? If not, then you are making a mistake. Let’s give you a glow before stepping out in that lehenga and tap your foot on desi beats.
We all become so excited about wedding ceremonies that we keep planning our clothes and jewellery beforehand. But not our skin. Radiant skin looks good everywhere with or without makeup.
Wedding days are so busy- constant trips to the market, setting a dance routine, so many things to do. Where is the time to get your skin cleaned up and that too at home? Don’t worry, we got you covered. Here follow these easy pre wedding skincare tips at home.
Pre wedding skincare tips:
1. Cleanse with haldi-chandan pack
There is magic in turmeric (haldi). It is an old age Ayurvedic skin treatment ingredient. It is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. Turmeric gives skin a natural glow. Chandan (sandalwood) has cooling properties that refresh skin. Together they soothe stressed out skin and even out the skin tone.
How to use:
1. Take one tbsp of turmeric and one tbsp of chandan.
2. Blend everything along with water to make a thick paste.
3. Apply it to your face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it.
Use this face pack daily or on alternative days to get clear skin.
2. SPF is your best friend
Everyday rounds to markets might take a toll on your skin, considering the scorching sun. You may develop sun tan and discoloration if you don’t use sunscreen.
1. Apply an SPF 10 minutes before stepping out.
2. Reapply your SPF every 3 hours to keep your skin protected.
3. Go for an SPF higher than 40. Higher the SPF, better the sun protection.
3. Exfoliate weekly
The heat and pollution make the skin look down and dull. And we know you don’t wanna rely just on makeup for a glow. So make sure to exfoliate your skin well. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells and excess oil. Dead skin strips off your skin’s potential to glow naturally.
For a DIY exfoliator, take coffee and dahi (yogurt). These two everyday ingredients make for an easy deep face scrub to gently exfoliate your skin.
How to use:
1. Take 1 tbsp coffee powder and 2 tbsp fresh dahi.
2. Mix them and massage them for 5 minutes.
3. Keep it for another 5 minutes and wash it.
Do it weekly to get rid of all the dead skin accumulated over a week.
4. Have Good Body Massages
Stress always makes a mess, right? Wedding preps are so tiring that one often forgets to take care of their body. Tension filled days are inevitable. So is the stress on your face.
Make sure to massage your body with good body milk to reduce muscle soreness. It also increases blood circulation that leaves the skin healthy and happy. Other benefits include: a wrinkle-free face, smooth skin, tightening pores, and improving skin health. Do it daily at least twice a day for effective results.
5. Night Skincare with Serum
Everyone remembers washing their face first thing in the morning. But what about at night? Night skincare routine is equally important. Because your skin gets a chance to repair and reverse all the daytime damages. Our skin is exposed to extreme heat and dirt all day. The only time to get relaxed is during the night.
You can use a Bakuchiol serum for the skin. It revives dull skin and clears out fine lines. Bakuchiol has anti-aging properties. It also ensures that your skin is kept hydrated and is all set for the next day.
How to use:
1. Take a few drops of Satvak Bakuchiol serum.
2. Rub it onto your palms and massage it gently.
Lastly, here are some basic pre wedding skin care tips:
- Eat balanced and healthy food. Have lots of fibre in your diet. This one lifestyle habit directly reflects on your skin.
- One of the most important pre wedding skin care tips is to stay hydrated. Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water to release toxins from the body. This practice also gives a clear and refreshing skin.
- Lastly, do not stress. Everything will work in your favor. Enjoy and keep that smile on!