While scrolling Instagram on one lazy day, I came across a weird hair care video. I could not believe what I saw. A lady finger hair mask!!! I was so surprised to know how such a boring yet healthy vegetable can work wonders on your hair. Here are some interesting benefits of ladyfinger for hair.
Lady finger, okra, bhindi or lady’s love- all these describe a very nutritious green vegetable. We all know how beneficial green veggies are for our overall health. Little does everyone know that it offers various hair advantages.
Bhindi is rich in essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, E, and K. It also includes minerals like iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, folate, and more.
In about 100 grams of lady finger, you will find 9 per cent fibre, 2 grams of protein, 7 grams of carbohydrates, and 0.1 grams of fat.
Benefits of lady finger for hair
1. The topical application of the lady finger can provide the following benefits:
2. Dry and unmanageable locks are the most difficult to handle. Manage your frizzy flyaways with bhindi.
3. Apart from making hair softer, it also strengthens the hair from the roots resulting in stronger strands.
4. Lady finger also keeps dandruff at bay. It hydrates the scalp and treats dryness and itchiness.
Lady finger hair mask
1. A few lady fingers
2. 1 tbsp coconut oil
3. 1 tbsp almond oil
4. 1 tbsp corn flour
1. Cut the lady finger into small pieces and boil it in water for 7-10 minutes.
2. Let it cool down. Blend the pieces in a mixer.
3. In a separate bowl, combine one tbsp of corn flour with some water.
4. Add this mix to the bhindi powder and convert it into a pan.
5. Boil the mix on low flame and stir continuously. Once you get a creamy texture, turn off the flame.
6. Lastly, pour a few drops of coconut oil and almond oil into it.
7. Now apply the mask to your hair. Let it sit for an hour and rinse off with cold water.
8. You can apply the lady finger hair mask twice a week.