Hair – the most important part of our personality; for this very reason, good hair can either make or break your image instantly. Many people, irrespective of the gender, spend a lot of time, money and effort in trying to maintain their lustrous locks, in an attempt to ensure that their hair are healthy and disease free at all times. Amongst the rising levels of stress, pollution and hormonal changes, it becomes extremely difficult to keep your hair looking natural and lustrous throughout the week. But with these simple, yet effective tips, you too can look like a super model, without having to go through arduous levels of hair maintenance and hair traumatising experiences. Here are the top 10 effective tips for maintaining healthy hair, no matter what season you are in.
1) A nutritious diet can do wonders for your hair: The benefits of a nutritious diet can’t be stressed enough. In order to maintain your hair and keep them in all their glory, the first and foremost tip is to drink lots of water. Secondly, ensure you are taking in a lot of natural protein in your diet, to supplement your hair’s growth. Vitamin A is a good support supplement for your hair; eat a lot of green vegetables, cod liver or cod liver oil capsules and carrots for starters.
2) Styling treatments are your hair’s worst enemy: Styling treatments and using harsh chemicals are an instant turnoff for your hair’s health. The more you indulge in such treatments, the more your hair will break and lose their glorious look. The idea is to keep it natural, so that you get to impart a little more love for your hair. The thicker the hair, the prettier it would look.
3) Add natural hair packs regularly: If you think using chemically infused hair packs is the solution to getting the hair of your dreams, then you are in for some major trouble. Going natural to detoxify your hair is the way to go in the 21st Century. With nature’s bounty at an all time high, there are a lot of natural hair packs you can use. For example, use aloe vera gel to naturally condition your hair. Apply some gel onto your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water; once rinsed, you will see the difference in the texture and the feel of your hair. Rest assured you will not be able to stop touching your hair after this natural conditioning procedure.
4) Excessively Oily scalp is not the way to a healthy mane: There are different types of hair; oily scalps are a big no-no, while dry scalps are not better either. The idea is to have the perfectly oil balanced scalp, in order to maintain your hair’s life and keep it glowing for years and years to come. Since extremes are always bad for hair, it’s important to realise the worth of a well maintained, clean scalp. If you have an oily scalp, you need to shampoo regularly, to get rid of all the extra oil being secreted by your body. If you suffer from a dry scalp, chances are you might end up being the target of some bad dandruff. So either way, for an oily scalp, use a naturally prepared shampoo; for a dry scalp, avoid washing your hair too frequently.
5) Combs and wet hair don’t go together: When you have washed your hair, it’s imperative for you to avoid brushing or combing them immediately. Since wet hair are the weakest, running a brush or comb through your tresses can immediately cause a lot of hair fall, making you regret your decision instantly. Pat dry your hair using a towel; if you have long hair, it’s best to spread them out and let them air dry naturally. Once they are moderately dry, you can comb/brush your hair to remove the knots you might be worried about. However, combing your hair immediately post a hair wash is not the way to go.
6) Sleep – the most important ingredient for good hair: There can’t be enough reasons to stress on the importance of good, peaceful sleep. Ask a super model about the secrets of good hair care and the first thing you will hear is peaceful sleep. Sleep can make or break our body mechanisms; a good night’s sleep not only rejuvenates the body cycle, but it also rejuvenates the body’s chemicals, which has a direct impact on the quality of hair. Take lots of rest, sleep with an empty mind and see the difference in your hair instantly.
7) Avoid hairstyles which can wreak havoc on your hair: Tying your hair in a tight knot, making hairstyles which need your hair to be tied too tightly, tiny braids or hair extensions can wreak havoc on your hair. In order to avoid any untoward situations, especially those which involve hair fall, one should avoid any kind of tight hairstyles, until and unless there is an absolute need for it.
8) Don’t overheat your hair: Remember you are not cooking your hair for your next meal. Applying too much heat on your hair can not only damage the hair strands, but can also kill your roots, causing the hair to fall out automatically. Using hair straighteners, hair dryers and other hair appliances can put a lot of heat and pressure on your hair; either way, it’s advisable to avoid using such methods too frequently.
9) Friction causes stress and damage: Hair, as a body organ, is extremely susceptible and prone to damage. The slightest friction and you can expect a massive upheaval at the roots. In such cases, the best way is to use a wide toothed comb, instead of a tight toothed comb. While such things might seem very small and insignificant, they can go a long way in securing your hair’s future.
10) Cold is the way to go: Last but not the least, cold water (not necessarily ice cold water) can do wonders for your dying hair. Warm/hot water is your hair’s worst enemy; cold water rejuvenates your hair’s follicles and makes it live longer, while making it stronger than usual. Hot water weakens your hair’s roots and makes it fall off easily. These were some of the most effective tips which one can use for making their hair stronger and healthier. Each of these tips is extremely easy to implement which in turn ensures positive results for one and all.