If there is something which is more stressful than thinking about one’s future, then it has to be losing hair. The pain of seeing a lot of hair in your hairbrush or bathroom drain can be relatable for many because it is definitely a matter of concern. Hair fall can be triggered by a lot of factors but mainly through bad cosmetic products which can irritate your scalp, stress, environmental factors and improper intake of nutrition. Obviously, you cannot change all of these factors at once but let’s try changing what is in our hands first - our hair care products!
It is very well known that shampoos which include Sulphate and Parabens can adversely affect our scalp and hair quality. Don’t worry, we are here to your rescue - read this blog and find out what you should look for in a good shampoo which will reduce hair fall and promote hair growth.
Let's clear some common misconceptions about hair growth shampoos
Hair growth shampoos are a mixture of quality ingredients in a good concentration which helps your hair to showcase their full potential. They don’t directly target hair growth but affect the factors that prohibit hair growth and reduce hair fall by not being harsh on your scalp and preventing breakage. Stay tuned to learn about a shampoo with the ingredients that would suffice this need.
How does Biotin & Collagen contribute to the same cause?
Some main ingredients which you can look for in a hair fall prevention shampoo are Biotin, Collagen and DHT Blocker. These ingredients target the root cause and help fight the hair fall and also promote healthy hair growth.
Biotin is a water soluble Vitamin which helps your body convert some types of nutrients into energy, but that’s not all - Biotin is majorly helpful in hair growth as it helps in improving the structure of Keratin. Keratin is the building block of your hair and it is very important, so your body should have sufficient Keratin to avoid hair fall.
On the other hand, Collagen helps in repairing the damaged hair and cover hair loss by promoting hair growth along with retaining the natural lustre and moisture. Collagen helps in controlling the excessive hair greying which happens due to the presence of free radicals in hair; it does so with its antioxidant properties which removes the free radicals.
Argan Oil Shampoo
Argan oil shampoo, a restorative shampoo. Infused with nourishing oils (read below). Free from harmful sulfate & parabens, this shampoo suits all hair types including coloured & treated hair!Quantity - 200ml | All Hair Types
The Daily Drench - Everyday Shampoo
Created for daily use, Satthwa’s Daily Drench Everyday Shampoo gently cleanses to remove buildup and dirt. With a pH of 5.5, this is ideal for people who shampoo every day. It maintains an oil balance to promote a healthy scalp barrier.
Quantity - 225ml | All Hair Types
Biotin & Collagen Shampoo
Biotin & Collagen Shampoo is filled with the goodness of Avocado Oil, Nettle Root Extract, Saw Palmetto as active (Anti DHT). Infused with other awesome oils & protein power. Rated as our best hair thickening shampoo.
Quantity - 200ml | All Hair Types
Role played by DHT Blockers
Another ingredient which helps in hair loss prevention shampoo is DHT Blocker. DHT stands for Dihydrotestosterone which is a hormone responsible for various types of hair loss.
What a DHT blocker shampoo does is block this particular hormone (5 alpha reductase AKA 5AR) which causes hair loss and this has treated many kinds of hair loss problems including alopecia. DHT blocker also helps in restoring natural levels of the hormone which will help in hair regrowth. DHT blocking is said to be the most effective form of hair loss treatment. High levels of DHT can shrink your hair follicles which are a very crucial part of your hair growth cycle. So, in short DHT blocking is essential and effective in preventing hair loss.
Ingredients to look for in /a Good Hair Growth Shampoo
To begin with, a good shampoo will be Sulphate, Silicone and Paraben free. Secondly, there are plenty of ingredients which can benefit your hair and before buying any hair fall prevention shampoo, always check what all ingredients are present in it. For every hair problem, there is a different ingredient which will help fight it.
Here is a list of ingredients of a good hair growth shampoo, so make sure to cross-check majority of these while buying your new shampoo.
- Demineralised Water - This type of water is said to be best for your hair because it is free from any hard mineral and chlorine which damages your hair.
- Ethylene Diamine - Helps your hair get softer and keeps their colour (topical) safe, if any.
- Tetra Acetic Acid - It helps the shampoo perform better and lather more and keeps your hair safe from the calcium if the water is hard.
- Argan Oil - the so-called ‘liquid gold’ has plenty of benefits for your hair. It helps remove dandruff and itchy scalp along with adding that perfect shine to your hair. Vitamin-E in it increases hair elasticity and makes it less prone to breakage/ split ends, hence reducing the chances of hair damage and hair fall.
- Horsetail Extract - This plant oil is an extract which significantly speeds up the hair growth as it contains silica and it also helps in reducing dandruff.
- Nettle Extract - Helps in stopping hair fall, promoting hair growth and making hair shinier and silkier because it is rich in silica.
- Saw Palmetto - Saw palmetto is an extract from the berries of the palm tree saw palmetto it is known to block 5AR which in turn blocks DHT.
- Avocado Oil - Hydrates hair scalp resulting in healthier hair and less breakage. Also removes dandruff, if any.
- Jojoba Seed Oil - As it is rich in vitamins and minerals and copper, zinc etc, it strengthens hair and stops hair fall.
- Tea Tree Oil - As it is rich in antioxidants, it improves the blood flow at the scalp and which lets nutrients reach hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
- Rosemary Oil - It increases scalp’s blood circulation, hence promoting hair growth.
- Peppermint Oil - It is a vasodilator which improves the blood circulation and ultimately promotes hair growth.
- Marula Oil - It contains important vitamins, oleic acid, minerals and antioxidants which protects your hair from the harsh environment.
- Grapefruit Oil - This oil has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antioxidant effects which protects your hair from harmful UV rays and controls sebum production at the scalp.
- Lemon Oil - Helps control oil buildup and maintain a healthy scalp for greasy hair especially.
- Ginger Oil - Improves cleanliness of the scalp along with the blood circulation. It further contributes to the health and cleanliness of the scalp and moreover soothes dryness and itchiness.
Based on all the above ingredients, we have a recommendation for you - Satthwa Biotin & Collagen shampoo with DHT blocker. This product from Satthwa has all the above mentioned ingredients and many more. It is produced to target your hair fall problem and fight it. Not just reducing hair-fall but it also stimulates hair growth and focuses on hair regrowth as well. Imagine having all these ingredients in just one product!
How easy will that be - to not bear the pain of applying ten types of essential oils everyday along with maintaining a very hectic haircare schedule. Every problem has a solution, you just need to look in the right place and for this problem, you are definitely in the right place!