'`Can I get that hair back?” says a woman over 50. It may be difficult but not impossible. Addressing hair care over 50, here are some tips and tricks that every woman should follow.
Between aging and using beauty products, it becomes essential to take care of the aging hair. Older women should look into how they can nourish the texture and thickness of their locks.
Hair thinning and hair loss is a common problem in women. There are a variety of factors to be blamed. Firstly, as we mentioned, aging is natural. Other reasons could be high stress, hormonal imbalance, dietary issues, and beyond. This article will focus on hair care over 50. How you can embrace your strands after 50 and keep them long and beautiful.
Hair care over 50: Tips
1. If there’s one myth that needs to be debunked, it’s that after you get old, you have to chop your hair short. Thinning of hair is the logic behind this misconception. You can have long, beautiful hair. You just need a little patience and right products to have them.
2. To help restore lost moisture, consider applying all natural fractionated coconut oil. It is ultra lightweight and odorless so it doesn’t feel sticky at all. Coconut oil improves hair hydration and reduces dryness and flakiness. The magical hair ingredient also repairs damaged locks.
3. Getting grey hair is more than normal. Once you begin dying them with henna or chemical dyes, there is no coming back. These dyes make hair brittle and vulnerable to breakage. While you are using any of these, make sure you are using an enriching shampoo with essential ingredients. Go for the mild Biotin & Collagen shampoo that is rich in antioxidants, minerals, Vitamin A, E, and biotin. It will retain length and thickness while giving a nourished scalp.
4. One of the best ways to keep your strands healthy when following hair care over 50 is to be kind to them. Do not overload your scalp with so many products. Having too many products can worsen the condition instead of mending them. Stick to a hydrating oil, a shampoo, and a conditioner.
5. This goes without saying that a balanced diet can go a long way in keeping not only your hair healthy but overall body. The nutrition gaps can also make the hair appear dull, thin, and brittle. Include foods that are rich in iron, vitamin B, omega-3, zinc, and more good minerals. You can also take biotin supplements to enhance your hair.