What is a conditioner?
A conditioner is a hair product that is to be used after a shampoo. As we are all aware of the fact that how important it is to feed your hair the right shampoo that not only cleanses the excess dirt and oil but effectively moisturises and nourishes both your scalp and hair. However, it is equally important to use a good hair conditioner after shampoo for manageable hair with added benefits.
Is it necessary to use a conditioner after shampooing?
After you are done shampooing your hair, the possible chances are that your hair and scalp will become dry, prone to frizz and static. This happens because while using a shampoo natural oils of the scalp get washed away along with the dirt. So, no doubt your hair is cleansed but it does require an after product which provides proper hydration and seals the moisture within.
What are the other benefits of using a conditioner?
1. Conditioner not only restores the lost moisture from shampooing, it also smoothes the cuticles and evens out the pH levels of your hair. This further helps to manage your easily by reducing tangling and decreasing static.
2. It also adds a healthy glow to your hair and they appear softer and shinier.
In a nutshell, a good conditioner provides your hair with the essential nutrients which help in keeping your hair healthy and manageable. So, if you are not in the habit of conditioning your hair, you are leaving your hair undernourished and unprotected. Thus, regardless of your hair type- dry, oily, straight, wavy or curly it is highly advised to use a conditioner without a doubt.
What is the correct way of using a conditioner?
1. Apply shampoo and rinse it entirely from your hair.
2. Take a little amount of conditioner and rub it evenly in your palms.
3. Apply it starting from your neck’s nape to all the way down to your hair tips.
4. Do not apply it on the scalp.
5. Comb your hair gently with your fingers.
6. Leave it for about 2-3 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
7. Let your hair naturally dry.
After you are done with this easy to follow routine, you will notice your hair is frizz free, shiny, healthy and easy manageable.