After these ugly summers, monsoons are really pleasant. You feel wonderful when you have the change of weather from hot to cool. But on the other hand, monsoon carries a lot of other things along with it. One of the major issues is your skin.
It is extremely important to make changes in the skincare routine during the monsoon as it makes your skin dull, oily and also attracts microbes that can cause several allergies and acne.
Here are 7 major skincare tips that you should follow to get fabulous skin in monsoons.
1. Exfoliate your skinIt is necessary to exfoliate your skin twice a week. Use a mild scrub or make a natural one at home. Massage in circular motions to remove the dead skin layer and all the impurities from your skin.
2. CTM (cleansing, toning, moisturizing)
- It is extremely necessary to cleanse your face in this rainy season. Use a soap-free cleanser every day before dozing off to bed to get rid of dirt and impurities from your skin.
- Use a toner after cleansing your face to open the pores of your skin as humidity and rain can lead to clogging of the skin pores. Rosewater works as the best toner for all skin types.
- Moisturizing is an essential part of the rainy season. Opt for gel-based products that can be easily absorbed without making your skin look oily.
4. Use less makeupAvoid too much of makeup as humidity makes your skin prone to acne and infections. In case you want to go for something heavy then make sure you use a good makeup remover that suits your skin and can remove all traces of makeup before you go to bed.
5. Avoid chemical treatmentSince your skin is already prone to infections and acne during this season, you should keep facials and bleaching minimum
6. Tea tree oil
If you are noticing too much breakout on your skin due to the weather, then tea tree oil is a great anti-bacterial to get rid of acne. You can mix it with some face pack or use as a Q-tip as a spot treatment.
7. Face mask
Use a face mask regularly. It will open your pores and remove excess oil from your skin. You can either opt for a clay mask or make one at home using multani mitti and rosewater.Apart from these tips, always remember to wash your face with lukewarm water as cold water can cause dryness. Wash your face 2-3 times a day with a mild face wash.
Happy rainy days!